This is a delicious coconut rice recipe. It is more like another version of the African Jollof rice but cooked in coconut milk. You can make it beef, fish or any meat. But i am going to make mine vegetarian.
Long grain rice
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Peanut oil/Vegetable oil
1 , finely chopped
2 , chopped finely
2 , mashed
Grated ginger/Ground ginger
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1 , peeled and diced
1. Soak the rice in hot water with a teaspoon of salt and one bay leave.
2. In a pan, heat oil and fry onion and garlic for a few minutes.
3. Stir in mashed tomatoes and tomato paste and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Pour 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook until it thickens.
5. Add the rest of the coconut milk, ginger, bay leaves, black pepper, bouillon cube, hot pepper, and carrot. Bring to a boil.
6. Drain the rice from the water and wash well.
7. Add the rice in the saucepan and season with salt to taste. Stir with a fork, reduce the heat, cover and let it cook until the rice has absorbed almost all the liquid.
8. Cover the rice with a foil and replace the lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until done on low heat.
9. Serve with meat or fish and enjoy!
Vegetables like Potato, Cassava, Sweet Potato, Mushroom, etc also can be used.