This soup is one of the easiest way to cook beef with very few ingredients, you will get a wonderful soup that you can serve with rice, or couscous or even bread.
So try this recipe and Enjoy it.
300 Gram, cut into cubes
4 , crushed
2 , 1 sliced for seasoning the beef and 1 blended
2 , divided (chicken or beef seasoning)
Peanut oil/Vegetable oil
1 , cut into cubes
2 Cup (32 tbs) (more or less as needed)
2 , cut into pieces
To Taste (Optional)
1. In a bowl, season beef with black pepper, salt, garlic, one bouillon cube, and sliced onion. Mix well.
2. In saucepan heat oil and fry the seasoned beef for 2 minutes.
3. Mash the fresh tomatoes in a bowl and add tomato paste, and cubed carrot. Mix well.
4. Put the tomato carrot mixture into the saucepan, stir well, and pour one cup of water. Add more water if needed, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the beef absorbs almost all the liquid and becomes tender.
5. Add the potatoes, chili, blended onion, 1 cup of water, and bouillon cube. Season with salt and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with rice or bread, or even couscous.
Other vegetable that you can add are: Cassava, Pumpkin, Cabbage (Optional)
African Beef Soup is a hearty dish that can also be served as a main course with some bread or rice. Watch this video recipe for this simple dish that calls for a few ingredients and is very economic. Give it a try!