Beef Stew - African Food
|Beef meat||300 Gram, cut into cubes|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 , crushed|
|Onion||2 , 1 sliced for seasoning the beef and 1 blended|
|Bouillon cubes||2 , divided (chicken or beef seasoning)|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 , cut into cubes|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (more or less as needed)|
|Potato||2 , cut into pieces|
|Chili||To Taste (Optional)|
1. In a bowl, season beef with black pepper, salt, garlic, one bouillon cube, and sliced onion. Mix well.
2. In saucepan heat oil and fry the seasoned beef for 2 minutes.
3. Mash the fresh tomatoes in a bowl and add tomato paste, and cubed carrot. Mix well.
4. Put the tomato carrot mixture into the saucepan, stir well, and pour one cup of water. Add more water if needed, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the beef absorbs almost all the liquid and becomes tender.
5. Add the potatoes, chili, blended onion, 1 cup of water, and bouillon cube. Season with salt and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with rice or bread, or even couscous.
Other vegetable that you can add are: Cassava, Pumpkin, Cabbage (Optional)
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.7 mg15.9%
Sodium 619.4 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.6%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 68.2% Vitamin C 62.5%
Calcium 7% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet