Liberian pumpkin soup is a delicious west African stew which is serve with rice. This is different from the western pumpkin soup but it's really yummy. You ll love it.
1 Medium, peeled , de-seed and cubed (pumpkin)
1 Large, mince
2 , mash
300 Gram, cubed (of your choice) (Optional)
1 Tablespoon (or fish, pre boiled and bones removed)
Black pepper/White pepper
2 Cup (32 tbs) (more or less as needed)
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion with a bouillon cube for 5 minutes.
2. Add mashed tomato, tomato paste, and black pepper. Fry for 3 minutes.
3. Stir the pumpkin and meat. Cover with water and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Mash the pumpkin in the soup and add the fish. Let simmer for an additional 10 minutes on low flame.
5. Season with salt and chili pepper to taste.
Liberian Pumpkin Soup is more like a thick stew and it is served over rice. And I wonder how thick would their actual stews be. Hmm! But seriously, I think that it would be a fantastic dish, especially because I love a nice thick stew over steamed rice.