Roast Guinea Fowl
|Dry white breadcrumbs||6 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Chopped mushrooms||3 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||1 Ounce|
|Chopped basil||1 Tablespoon, mixed with equal amount of thyme|
|Chopped thyme||1 Tablespoon, mixed with equal amount of basil|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Fluid Ounce (Use A Little)|
|White wine||1 Tablespoon (Leveled) (Use A Little)|
1. In a pan melt 4 ounces of butter and cook the onions for 5 minutes making sure it does not turn brown.
2. Put in the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme and basil and season with salt, pepper and mace.
4. Add the egg and milk to moisten the stuffing making sure it does not become runny.
5. Leave it for a few minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
7. Stuff the bird with the stuffing and sew up the openings.
8. Rub the breast and legs of the bird with 1 ounce of butter and sprinkle the seasoning.
9. In a roasting pan melt 2 to 2 1/2 ounce butter (or 4 tablespoons oil).
10. When it is hot enough put the bird into the pan and baste it properly.
11. Pour in 1/4 pint stock and roast it slowly in a moderately hot oven (allowing 25 minutes per pound unstuffed weight), basting every now and then and turning the birds.
12. Turn the birds breast side up for last 30 minutes of cooking and increase the heat so that the breast is slightly brown.
13. Take out the bird once cooked and place it on a hot dish; keeping it warm.
14. Discard the excess fat from roasting pan and add 1/4 pint of stock.
15. Mix the pan drippings and make delicious gravy. (A little white wine can be added to the gravy, if desired.)
16. Serve hot with the sauce and some green vegetables and root vegetables.
Calories 1750 Calories from Fat 867
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.8%
Saturated Fat 43.2 g216.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 723.7 mg241.2%
Sodium 912.8 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 182 g363.2%
Vitamin A 62.9% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 52.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet