Cold Senegalese Soup
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, pared and diced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans, 10 3/4-Ounce Each, Undiluted)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almond paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Currant jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut/1 cooked carrot, thinly sliced||2 Tablespoon, cooked, shredded (For Garnish)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large saucepan heat butter. Add onion, carrot, celery and curry powder and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
2) Take off from heat.
3) Add flour and mix till well blended.
4) Mix tomato paste and cook stirring for 1 minute.
5) Stir in the undiluted chicken broth and water. Stir and bring to boil.
6) Add almond paste and jelly and stir.
7) Add cloves and cinnamon stick. Simmer and stir for 1/2 hour.
8) Strain and let cool. Chill for several hours or overnight.
9) Before serving, skim off any fat from surface.
10) Mix cream and serve in bouillon cups.
11) Sprinkle coconut or carrot slices and parsley on top.