This Coco Crevette is made with prawns in coconut sauce. This dish has become one of my favorite among many delicious Malgasy dishes.
1 Large, sliced
3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely
1 Tablespoon, minced
2 Tablespoon (1 -2 tbsp as required)
1. Take a heavy bottom sauce pan and melt butter. Add onions and fry for 5 minutes.
2. Add the chopped garlic and ginger. Add 1 bouillon cube (if using). Stir for a few minutes.
3. Add the prawns, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of tomato paste. Stir to combine well.
5. Add the coconut milk, stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
Would you like to try a yummy Caribbean delicacy today? Watch this video now to learn this Prawn in Coconut Milk recipe. This dish has a great blend of flavors which is completely drool worthy. Try it now.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 27.3 g136.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.3 mg8.1%
Sodium 542.7 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 6.8%
Vitamin C 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Prawns In Coconut Sauce - African Food Recipe Video