|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Pint|
|Mixed herbs||2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeat/4 ounce cheese, grated||4 Ounce, diced|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Tomato||1 , cut into wedges|
|Parsley/Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Heat 2 oz. fat over low heat and sauté onion, garlic and rice in it for 5 minutes.
3) Add in mushrooms, mixing well.
4) Pour in hot water, yeast extract and herbs and simmer, covered until the mixture absorbs water and rice is nearly cooked.
5) Mix in half the cheese or nutmeat and egg and keep aside the stuffing mixture to cool.
6) Split marrows lengthwise and with a spoon, hollow out seeds.
7) Apply melted fat on marrow shells after filling the stuffing mixture into centre.
8) Take a shallow ovenproof dish and pack stuffed shells into it with 2-3 tablespoons water.
9) With a foil or greased paper, wrap the dish and bake for about 40 minutes on top shelf of the preheated oven until browned on top.
10) Serve hot with tomato sauce.