Peanut Soup African Style
|Boneless meat||1 Pound (Raw)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Peanuts||1 Pound, roasted in shell|
|Smoked fish||1 Pound|
|Dry salt herring||1|
|Tomatoes||5 , peeled and diced|
|Hard cooked eggs||2|
1) Cube the meat into 1/2-inch pieces and immerse in salted water.
2) Add 1 chopped onion and cook covered over a medium heat until the meat is tender.
3) Shell and skin the peanuts, then gind them finely.
3) Chop the herring and smoked fish, and stir into the meat alongwith the peanuts.
4) Stir in the tomatoes and okra, cover and cook for further 30 minutes.
5) Add rest of the coasely sieved onion and eggs, then simmer for further 20 minutes.
6) Serve immediately in nice bowls.