|Brown rice||8 Ounce|
|Onions||3 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced of whole and grated rind of half|
|Hot water/Water and liquor from tinned sweetcorn||1 Pint|
|Frozen sweet corn/10 ounce tinned sweetcorn||4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Tomatoes||4 Ounce, skinned and sliced|
|Red pepper||5 Ounce, de-seeded and chopped|
|Salted peanuts||4 Ounce|
1) In a thick pan, gently saute the dry rice in oil over a low heat for 5 minutes..
2) Stir in the curry powder, lemon juice, rind, hot water, sweetcorn and salt, then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes and 4 oz. of the chopped pepper and cook for further 10 minutes, until the rice is tender and almost dry.
4) Stir in half of the salted peanuts and season to taste.
5) Remove in a serving dish, garnish with rest of the red pepper and a lemon slice and serve immediately.