Nigerian Groundnut Stew
|Boneless lamb||2 Pound|
|Onions||3 Large, sliced|
|Salt||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Large, quartered|
|Chili peppers||3 , washed|
|Peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Hard cooked eggs||6 , shelled|
1) In large saucepan, add the lamb, onions, salt and 3 cups water, then allow to boil, cover and simmer for an hour or until meat is just tender.
2) In another saucepan add the tomatoes, peppers and 1/2 cup water, then allow to boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
3) Pass the mixture through a sieve.
4) Combine the peanut butter, tomato mixture, and bouillon, then stir into the meat and simmer until the meat is soft.
5) Spoon the cooked rice in each soup plate, place an egg in the center, pour over the stew and serve immediately.
Calories 1306 Calories from Fat 504
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.6%
Saturated Fat 15 g75.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 556.8 mg185.6%
Sodium 2665.3 mg111.1%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.4%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 99 g197.5%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 58.1%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 35.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet