Ethiopian Yatkltaleka Klkl
|Potatoes||6 Small, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|String beans||1⁄2 Pound, stem ends snipped off|
|Carrots||3 Large, cut in 2 inch sticks|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into strips|
|Banana peppers||2 , diced|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled, quartered and cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|White pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger/1 teaspoon ginger powder||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green onions||6 , cut into 2 inch lengths|
1. Take a pan and add string beans, potatoes and carrots to slightly saline water.
2. Cover the pan and boil for 3 minutes.
3. Blanch the vegetables with cold water.
4. Take a heavy casserole measuring 4-5 quarts and heat oil in it.
5. Saute the onion, banana pepper and green pepper in it stirring often.
6. Season with ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
7. Stir for another minute.
8. Add the cooked beans, carrots and potatoes to it along with green onion.
9. Mix lightly.
10. Heat it through by keeping the pan partially covered while cooking.
11. Serve with any kind of meat dish.