How-to Make Eggplant Salad
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg plant||3 Pound, peeled and cut in 1 inch thick slices|
|Plum tomatoes||3 , halved lengthwise|
|Bell pepper||4 Medium, halve and seed|
|Jalapeno||1 , halve and seed|
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. In a blending jar add in the olive oil, turmeric, cumin, red pepper flakes, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro and pulse until blended.
3. In a large bowl add in all the vegetables and pour the dressing over it. Toss well and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Grill all the vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked but not mushy.
5. Let the vegetables chill and then cut into bite size pieces.
6. Garnish Eggplant Salad with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.