How-to Make Eggplant Salad
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg plant||3 Pound, peeled and cut in 1 inch thick slices|
|Plum tomatoes||3 , halved lengthwise|
|Bell pepper||4 Medium, halve and seed|
|Jalapeno||1 , halve and seed|
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. In a blending jar add in the olive oil, turmeric, cumin, red pepper flakes, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro and pulse until blended.
3. In a large bowl add in all the vegetables and pour the dressing over it. Toss well and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Grill all the vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked but not mushy.
5. Let the vegetables chill and then cut into bite size pieces.
6. Garnish Eggplant Salad with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.4 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 95.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet