1. SPINACH STEW: In a pot, heat oil on medium heat. Add tomatoes, parsley, leek and bell pepper. Saute for a few minutes and let it cook till the tomatoes become tender.
2. Put in spinach and stir. Then add the mushrooms and stir again. Add little water, season with salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook for few more minutes.
3. Put the peanut butter and stir till it gets incorporated. Cook for some more time or till the stew thickens to desired consistency.
4. SWEET POTATOES: In the meanwhile in another pot, put the sweet potatoes. Pour water and on medium heat bring it to boil. Cover and cook till the sweet potatoes are done.
5. Transfer to a plate. Let it cool till it can be handled. Slice them into small pieces and peel them.
6. In a serving plate, serve the spinach and mushroom stew hot with the sweet potatoes.
Is there any food more comforting and satiating than a piping hot bowl of stew in middle of winter? This African spinach mushroom peanut stew is one dish that won't just satiate your hunger, but will also appease your soul. This video recipe presents an authentic recipe of this African delight.
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 242.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 146.5%
Vitamin C 103.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
African Spinach Mushroom Peanut Stew 非洲菠菜洋菇花生燉菜 Recipe Video